You can definitely feel the summer heat these days and a great way to cool down is with some good cold-brew tea! This method is super simple and requires no special gadgets.
Cold brew tea makes a refreshing drink for the summer, and it provides many benefits!
- Cold brew tea is less astringent and less caffeinated because the temperature doesn't steep out the tannins the way hot water does
- It has higher amounts of antioxidants
- It comes out much sweeter than hot tea
- For the perfect brew, you only need 3-4 biodegradable pyramid tea bags per liter
- Keep in fridge 4-6 hours or overnight
- Cold brew tea can be left steeping for days which means you're getting more for your money
Difference between iced tea and cold brew tea
- Iced tea is made by steeping tea leaves in hot water first and then serving over ice or chilled in the refrigerator
- Cold brew tea is skipping the hot water and simply steeping the leaves in cold or room temperature water for a long time
Try it out for yourself and taste the difference between hot brew and cold brew tea!